Sunday 12 June 2022

De Havilland Aircraft Museum

 











Having stayed overnight at Missenden Abbey, I dropped in at the d.H. Museum at London Colney.  Having mentioned to one of their volunteers who was visiting Duxford the week before that I intended to visit, I was agreeably surprised to find that I was expected.  I was given a personal two-hour tour by Bob Tattam, an ex-Hatfield engineer.  Doors were opened, aircraft too.  On their 146, Jackie Manthorpe gave me a Maintenance Brochure and lapel badges for our 146 custodians.  Museum cat Jerry gave me some of his hair!  From the top: Dove Mk.8 flight deck; Trident interior; Air France Comet Mk. 1 flight deck; video in Trident 2 baggage hold; Trident 2 and 3 beyond; Heron engine on display.  The last four pictures are the museum's 146, an ex-demonstrator.  A small museum with conservation problems because their exhibits are largely out in the open, but well worth a visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment